The brand new VEGAS Professional 19 modifying software program presents an improved person interface, coloration grading, results, stay streaming, and new cloud-integrated content material administration and acquisition. The pricing has additionally been adjusted: there are three totally different packages in whole, beginning at $12.99 per 30 days or $249 for a perpetual license.
The primary model of VEGAS modifying software program dates again to 1999. I keep in mind I began modifying in VEGAS again in 2007 when Sony owned it. In 2016, VEGAS was acquired by MAGIX and there have been new variations popping out often. Immediately, the US-based creating crew VEGAS Creative Software introduced a brand new VEGAS Professional 19 together with new pricing and cloud-based options. Let’s take a brief take a look at it.
VEGAS Professional 19 – new options
On the subject of cloud-based media administration and collaboration options, the brand new VEGAS Professional 19 presents:
- VEGAS Hub Window – a central location for accessing cloud storage, royalty-free inventory footage, tutorials, and extra.
- VEGAS Content material – a database of royalty-free inventory footage customers can obtain and import straight into VEGAS initiatives (accessible with subscription plans).
- VEGAS Hub cell app – allows importing media information straight from cell units into the VEGAS Hub cloud storage (storage accessible with subscription plans).
- Hub Explorer Window – discover media uploaded from the VEGAS Hub cell app and downloaded from VEGAS Content material. Customers can synchronize VEGAS Hub cloud storage with native drives, and add footage on to the VEGAS Professional timeline for modifying (storage accessible with subscription plans).
The brand new VEGAS Professional 19 additional presents a new coloration grading interface with a redesigned grading panel and an intuitive and accessible workflow. There are range-limited coloration wheels for extra exact controls of coloration grading changes, 40 LUT presets, on the spot black-point and white-point detection and correction, and expanded particular person R, G, and B coloration curves.
The app additionally contains clever, multilingual text-to-speech options. In response to VEGAS Inventive Software program, the speech generator transforms textual content from any supply into practical, synthesized narration in a wide range of languages with natural-sounding voices, together with automated translation (accessible in VEGAS Professional and VEGAS POST with subscription plans).
Because the VEGAS Inventive Software program crew additional claims, the brand new VEGAS Professional 19 additionally makes use of some AI-driven workflows, comparable to AI-based Upscale and Zoom Plugin, that may convert SD and HD footage to 4K. Computerized Scene Detection can detect scene breaks and transitions in a rendered file and mechanically create splits, sub-clips, or keyframes at these breaks to work with particular person scenes for re-editing.
The excellent news is that VEGAS Professional 19 may even newly help Blackmagic RAW (BRAW) codec, though this help is simply in Beta on the time of launch.
Additional enhancements to the VEGAS person interface embrace:
- Timecode Tagging for Undertaking Notes – Undertaking notes now have a timecode discipline that aligns the notes with an actual location on the mission timeline. Customers may click on on notes to navigate via the timeline.
- Undertaking Notes Shade and Label Tagging – Every observe can now have coloration and a novel label related to them, permitting for a number of customers to collaborate and touch upon a mission.
Pricing and availability
On the subject of the pricing of the brand new VEGAS Pro 19, its creators attempt to place it under the worth of Adobe CC subscription they usually additionally supply a perpetual license possibility. There are three totally different packages accessible:
- VEGAS Edit for $12.99 per 30 days or $249 for a perpetual license. It contains VEGAS Professional 19, 20GB of cloud storage (accessible with subscription plan), and VEGAS Content material – 20 royalty-free HD video and/or audio clip downloads per 30 days (accessible with subscription plan).
- VEGAS Professional for $19.99 per 30 days or $399 for a perpetual license. It contains VEGAS Professional 19, VEGAS Stream for stay streaming, SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 15, VEGAS Content material – Limitless entry to royalty-free HD video and/or audio clip downloads (accessible with subscription plan), and Primatte chroma keying software program.
- VEGAS POST for $29.99 per 30 days or $599 for a perpetual license. It contains the entire VEGAS Professional license (plus 4K video downloads from VEGAS Content material), VEGAS Results for high-end compositing, and VEGAS Picture for RAW picture compositing.
Although the pricing is sort of aggressive, I feel it’s fairly the problem to go up in opposition to the likes of DaVinci Resolve, which presents many options even with the free model. For my part, it’d come all the way down to the convenience of use and workflow choice.
Which software program do you utilize for post-production work? Have you ever ever labored in VEGAS Professional? Tell us within the feedback part beneath the article.